Welcome Rookie Parents
We would like to welcome all new parents and students to the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program. We are looking forward to an exciting season and another wonderful year for the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program.
Whether you are transitioning from a middle school band program or transferring into South Hills from elsewhere, entering the South Hills High School Band & Color Guard Music Program can be intimidating and overwhelming. This is not by design but simply due to the major efforts required to run such large music program. Our goal is to assist you in this transition process with all the dynamic moving parts as the school year progresses.
It’s difficult to explain everything you will need to know on this page alone. The website has been restructured to be friendly, logical and every attempt is being made to have the latest information you need on all your electronic devices. The Search bar is on the top right side of the web page if all else fails. The band website is your biggest resource for information regarding all our performing ensembles. There are links to each performing group we have to offer, resources for parents and students as well as information about our Band Booster program.
We hope this will help explain some of the craziness that goes on within the music program. Please do not hesitate to ask a veteran parent any question you may have. They will do their best to answer or point you in the right direction. Again, please do not hesitate to ask any question that you may have. Thank you in advance for your support and assistance for a fabulous year!
Here are a few very helpful tips:
- Make your child responsible for being prepared. The first time they forget something will be the last ! ! ! They learn to be resourceful when they have to be.
- Communication is crucial. If there is something that comes up and you need help getting your student to or from rehearsal/performance/etc., let a director know and start calling other parents. Section leaders are also great resources when you’re in a pinch. They know how important it is to have everyone there on time.
- Your band director and band boosters are always willing and ready to answer any questions you may have, Contact Us
- Network – This is how we meet each other. It is also one of the best ways to get helpful hints on band parenting from others.
- Get Involved ! Browse or search our website, attend or visit band practices and talk with other parents, attend band meetings, and watch your email for volunteer opportunities.
- Check the Band Events, Itineraries and Calendar to stay on top of upcoming events and mark your calendars now with dates from the 2017-18 Master Calendar.
We hope the above information was helpful, and we want to welcome you to the South Hills Band Boosters Family !
890total visits,5visits today