WE DO IT FOR THE STUDENTS
The South Hills Band Booster is dedicated to supporting the Director of Bands in the development of excellence in music education, performance skills and leadership in band students. The South Hills Band Booster accomplish this through the following:
- Organizing and coordinating financial support for music equipment, music education personnel, and other music-related needs not covered by Covina Valley School District funding.
- Volunteering support and manpower for any and all band related events not limited to fundraisers, concerts, trips, socials and
- Being actively involved in mentoring fellow and new band parents, supporting student activities, working with other Booster organizations, and building relationships among members.
Why should you become a South Hills Band Booster?
• Contribute your time and energy to actively make a difference in your student’s musical education.
• Support your student’s proud accomplishments at football games and competitions.
• Parental involvement is the key to any successful learning environment.
• Gain first hand knowledge into your student’s education, and make a difference.
• To relive your old high school band days.
• To work hard and sweat during competition season (saves on gym membership!).
• To spend time with your child.
• To keep “in the know” as to what’s going on in our program.
• To be involved in activities that enrich the band program.
• To share music with students that you may not have otherwise been able to experience.
• To help ensure that fine arts programs like band are not taken from school curriculum.
• To be a part of decisions that direct the future success of the band.
• To be a part of a program that you and your student can be proud of.
• Because band is fun – for students and adult volunteers !
Attend as many events in support of our great young musicians as possible. Be willing to become part of the South Hills Band Booster Family and experience your child’s success, personal growth and musical improvement! In a very short time your children will be graduating, moving on to college and beginning lives of their own. These next few years are precious and not to be missed! Please make a point to share in as much of this experience as possible!
“To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality.”
453total visits,4visits today